Monday, September 12, 2011

The (mis)Adventures of Pre-ordering Pets

I am so excited for Pets! So I've even decided to pre-order. This is kind of a big deal for me, since I never pre-order and usually even wait for the EPs to be put on sale (like how I got Ambitions this April for $15).

Info you may not know about me: I go to college! One of the things this means is that I have a campus mailbox.  For me to receive Pets as early as possible, I wanted to have it shipped to my campus mailbox. Confusion: the address has a PO Box. There is no place on the Origin form for a PO Box. So I asked at the forums what I should do...

And it was recommended that I contact customer services, which then seemed very obvious, so I did.

What ensued was this live chat (and this is word-for-word except for my comments in parentheses):


Vikas: Hi, my name is Vikas. How may I help you?
 Me: I go to a university and am trying to have Pets pre-ordered to my university mailbox, but I don't know how I need to fill out the form on Origin since it is a PO Box. (Ok, maybe this sentence is a little confusing...)
 Vikas: Please hold for a moment while I search for more information.
 Vikas: Thanks for waiting.
 Vikas: I would request you to post this is issue on our forums as this is an in game issue so that our developers could have a look at it and help you out.
 Vikas: Are we still connected?
 Me: Yes, sorry. (had gotten distracted by sociology homework)
 Me: I posted this in the general forum and was recommended by another user to ask here.
 Vikas: I would request you to please wait for any reply from our developers for that please. (as if developers reply very often on the forums)
 Me: What do you mean this is an in game issue?
 Vikas: The issue that occurs in the game. (now I was confused; did he think I was talking about Sims 2?)
 Me: But I am trying to pre-order Pets for The Sims 3 in real life. (very clear now)
 Vikas: I would like to inform you that you can pre-order this from Origin. (you don't say...)
 Me: Yes, I am trying to figure out how to fill in my address on Origin. I don't know where to put my PO Box?
 Vikas: Okay let me check.
 Vikas: Thanks for waiting.
 Vikas: Do you want to get your order shipped?
 Me: Yes I would prefer a physical copy.
 Vikas: I would request you to please refer the answer link once for that please.
Answer Link:  http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5291 

 Me: Ok, thank you for the help.
 Vikas: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
 Me: No, that is all thanks.

The link told me that EA can't ship to PO Boxes. Isn't this something "Vikas" should know automatically? But whatever, at least I knew what to do: it would just have to be shipped to my parents'. 

So now I'm on my merry way, filling in the address for my pre-order.  
ARRRGGGHHH NOOOoooooo... 

I tried it again after a few minutes and finally got my order in. /rage over

Hey, c'mere. Come closer. Closer...PETS! I'm getting PETS!!! 8D

Now for something truly disturbing:
Bunny Curious and Tay Bayless hooked up.  O_O

No comments:

Post a Comment