Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Carson Legacy: Minnie chap. 3.3--1880s

That night, I couldn't stop thinking about Davin. I dreamed about us, and that kiss...
Minnie found out that Davin is a great kisser.  XD  And I don't usually watch them sleep, but the game was being so slow that night and I happened to notice.  >_>
Lolly's got skillz. She doesn't even need to look when she chops the food.  :)
Because my own sims aren't allowed to have computers yet, I've been putting the sponge computer in everyone else's houses around town.
Red Mcgowan: "I don't understand. Sponges are for washing the dishes, 'n other chores! Negative review!"
The response has been less than positive.
You two are so good, coming home and the first thing is homework. But really, you have friends over, so go talk to them.
Oh, and by the way:
 Daisy has been stealing from school.  XD
But I guess she feels guilty because she always wants to return it.
Anyway, this is Alton Miller; he came home with Daisy.
And that girl is Felicia Delaney, Matthew's sister.
Flirting.
Awkwardness.
Kissing....yeah. I have nothing to say here.
Welcome to Grant and Mel's wedding at the art museum! Perfect venue, right? Grant and Mel have spent so much time here. And the guests love it so much, they even love the bushes!
Guests booing Davin for no apparent reason. This is going to be great.
Caroline: "Here you go, kiddo."
Mel: "Eeep! A celebrity's autograph!"
Cora, not at the wedding!
And so starts the peeing parade. Thank you, Davin. And on the sister of the groom.
Matthew: "Um, sir, could you move now?"
Then I noticed something in Minnie's queue:
Really, Minnie? You two aren't even in a committed relationship yet. And she knows Davin is single, so it must just be a 'romantic interest' somewhere.
Minnie: "Is that water or--? Oh, now I forgot what I was doing!"
Oh you are sooo lucky, Davin.
Seems like all the men at the party needed to use the bathroom. There was one inside, but most of them didn't even try to use it.
Like Edmund, right outside the door.
Faye: "Boo! Edmund soiled himself!"
Alton, too. You regret now ever coming to my parties, don't you, Scarlett?
Scarlett: "I refuse to acknowledge the events around me."
Ok, then.
Meanwhile, Grant is unsuccessfully trying to woo Mel.
And the parents of the groom finally arrive! You probably thought they were here the whole time, didn't you? Nope!
Jasper: "We smell!"
Lolly: "Riding in a taxi should not be so tiring!"
Grant: "Alright, sweety! You go get some food, I'll be right here!"
I don't think she's coming back.
Mel: "These weddings never work out for you, do they?"  :)
Yeah, I don't think I've had one go as planned since Elizabeth and Wei got married.
Paparazzi: "My beautiful Cho has died!"
Cora: "Ezio Auditore! Eeep!"
Ezio: "This is a very nice party..."
*change of scenery*
Cora: *flirts*
Ezio: "You know I'm married, you little--!"
Good to see that someone can resist Cora. Hmm, I think I did give Ezio the family-oriented trait (it helps townies make babies  :P  ) so that may explain his faithfulness (as if he needs a reason).
Yes, that's right, sit next to Minnie.
And if it wasn't the night of rejections, I'm sure she would have been successful here.
Grant is not upset at all, nope. Just banging the sink with a wrench. It's normal.
Back at the gym because Minnie wants an athletic skill point. This is also the point that I figured out that her athletic skill bar must be broken because she's been to the gym several times and it hasn't gone up at all.
   I do not like the looks of this.
Faye: "So hungry, but...MUST. EXERCISE."
I think it's time for an intervention.
Amos' son creeps me out. I mean, look at him. Creepy.
Grant invited Mel out to the beach.
Grant: "I don't understand, Mel. What happened? Why did you leave our wedding?"
 Mel: "I'd been thinking, Grant. I realized how dangerous your job really is, and I didn't know if I could live that life. I didn't know if I could be a fire chief's wife; watch you leave at all hours for dangers unknown. I've become so worried about you. I was thinking that it might be easier for me to live without that worry, without that uncertainty."
Mel: "But after I left you, I felt like something was missing. A part of my life that should be there was gone. Now I know that I can't live without you."
Lolly: "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!"
Lolly, you are ruining Grant and Mel's moment!
Anyway.
Grant: "I didn't know you were so worried, Mel. I understand if ya don't want to marry me..."
Mel: "Are you mad?! Let's get married right now, just you 'n me."

Grant: "I love you, Mel."
Mel: "I love you, too. Don't doubt that."
Grant moved in with Mel's family.
Aww, poor elder Lolly.
Cora invited Edmund over.
They got cozy.

And now is the point where I was really frustrated with my game. Grant's wedding made me realize how slow it really is, and I was thinking, I'm going to have to have all weddings and events on the home lot now, aren't I? This is not satisfactory! So I did something that I've never before thought necessary: I installed Awesome mod. Put more stuff in to make the game faster, right? Yeah, I've always thought that Awesome mod or Twallan's mods would make my game run slower, but now it was so laggy that I was willing to at least try it.
I chose Awesome mod because I wanted something that would generally clean up my game and wasn't too confusing. Twallan's mods always look so complicated to me. I wanted something simple. So I put it in, added my configurations, and now...my game is so. Much. Better. Less lag (much less lag), I can move to different lots without having to wait for rendering, and who knows? Maybe other kids and teenagers will actually go to school now!
Minnie's athletic skill isn't broken anymore!  :D
And yes, I did enable Awesome story progression. I think I'll be doing another doppelganger challenge to test it out. I didn't see anything that said how Awesome story progression works, at least not in the manual (and I did read the whole manual). And I know, put this in right before an EP comes out and it will need updating. I just couldn't take it anymore; the Carson file was almost unplayable. Now it's (appropriately) awesome.
Anyway, back to the game:
Davin: "Ya know the nanny that I sorta had a crush on when I was twelve 'n she was young?"
I have no idea what you're talking about, Davin.
Davin: "She died! I must not have seen her in fifteen years 'n today I found out she died!"
Well...with his love interest out of the way, maybe Minnie will not be so crazy now. Just a possibility.


Oh yeah, I changed Violet's everyday hair back to these buns because it looks better on her.
Violet: "Why are we here, Matthew?"
Matthew: "Well, Mr. Simpson* was using cats in a word problem and you asked what a cat was 'cuz we've never seen one before and he sent you to the principal's office. So you were really upset and told me we were going out for drinks, and here we are."
*Edmund is in the education career.  o_o
Minnie: "Let's eat, Davin!"
Davin: "..."
Cora: "I finished that painting that you asked for, Matthew. Even though I'm not in the painter career or anythin', I appreciate that ya noticed I've been working on my painting skill."
Matthew: "...um. This isn't what it looks like, Violet!"
Violet: "Hymph. I'd best be getting home anyway."
Minnie: "Are you gonna eat with me or just keep staring longingly up at the sky?"
Davin: "...nights like these make me realize how short life can be..."
Minnie: "Mmhmm. I'm eating with or without ya."
Davin: "Fine."
Not again.  D:
Davin...what are you doing?!
Davin: "What? No! There was a strong, disgusting smell! Really!!"
Sure.
Minnie's too exhausted to even be mad at him.
Everyone: "Chase soiled herself!"
Thank you for the important announcement! Can I get back to what I was doing before you broke Minnie's queue?
Minnie: "Davin, we've known each other for a while, and I've really grown to like you. So much. Would you be my beau?"
Davin: "I'd really like that, Minnie."
Finally. I can't believe they're only now boyfriend/girlfriend. It feels like they should be married by this point. I mean, Minnie is more than halfway through the young adult stage.
Another pic because I think this is the cutest kiss in the game.  <3
And now I'll end this chapter, but first:
I changed Minnie's skirt color to actually be Irish green, instead of that weird green color I had on her. I don't know why I wasn't using hex codes for favorite colors before, but I am now. I like Irish green a lot.  :)

Next time: There will be sadness, but yay, Davin gets a makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment